– Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder: Doubts Arise Over Highly Anticipated Boxing Match in Saudi Arabia
– Eddie Hearn Raises Concerns About the Venue and Timing of the Bout
In a surprising turn of events, doubts have emerged surrounding the long-awaited showdown between heavyweight champions Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder. Promoter Eddie Hearn has expressed concerns over the choice of venue and the timing of the bout, adding a new layer of uncertainty to the already intense anticipation surrounding this mega-fight.
Here are the key points:
– Eddie Hearn, the promoter responsible for organizing the highly anticipated clash between Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder, has voiced doubts about the chosen location for the fight. The bout is currently slated to take place in Saudi Arabia, a decision that has raised eyebrows within the boxing community.
– Hearn’s concerns stem from the political climate in Saudi Arabia, as well as potential logistical challenges that could affect the smooth execution of the event. While the country has been making strides in hosting major sporting events, including Formula One races and heavyweight boxing matches, Hearn believes that the political landscape could pose a risk to the fight.
– Additionally, the timing of the bout has also come into question. With the fight currently scheduled for December 2022, Hearn worries that it may clash with other major boxing events, potentially diluting the attention and significance of the Joshua-Wilder match-up.
Despite these concerns, both fighters remain committed to facing each other in the ring. However, as negotiations continue and the boxing world eagerly awaits further updates, the doubts raised by Hearn have added an unexpected twist to the ongoing saga of Joshua vs Wilder.
As fans eagerly await the resolution of these uncertainties, the boxing world holds its breath, hoping that the much-anticipated clash between these two heavyweight giants will ultimately come to fruition.